PCGen v.6.08.00 RC4 Released! Now with Mac installer!
The PCGen Team is pleased to announce that PCGen v.6.08.00 RC4 has been released. We believe this to be a stable version for the next 6.08.00 Production Release.
And best of all a Mac developer joined the team and so we now have a working Mac dmg file!
What’s new for v6.08.00RC4
PCGen v6.08.00RC4 is released as a RELEASE CANDIDATE from our development branch. This is the culmination release that we believe will be the next production release. This is a Stable release. Please give it a shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in the 6.08.00RC4 release are listed below.
- Numerous Data & Code issues resolved + RC4 Added 22 Resolved Issues
- Robe of Arcane Heritage not granting dragon breath weapon as bloodline feature
- Not seeing extra Panache Points in the pool when I select Extra Panache Feat
- Celestial plate armor cost and Prof required incorrect
- Mutagen for Mutation Warrior does not adjust stats.
- [PF] Telekinecist’s Expanded Element should give the Basic Utility Wild Talent for free
- [PF] Slashing Grace should treat light or one-handed slashing weapons as one-handed piercing weapons wrt swashbuckler and duelist class abilities
- PF – ARG – Missing Eidolon Evolutions Shadow Blending and Shadow Form (p.111)
- [PF] Celestial Armor should be considered Light Armor instead of Medium
- PF – Improved Familiar feat – Alignment requirements for Familiars not allowing ‘within one step of alignment’
- [Pathfinder] Inconsistent grouping for source names
- “Monastic Legacy” Feat Problems
- [Pathfinder] Piranha Strike calculation issues
- Pathfinder Occult Adventures LST pre-req item missing
- Cannot choose Vigilante specialization in 6.08..00RC4
- Kineticist’s Elemental Annihilator Archetype granting a Level 2 Utility Wild Talent.
- Camel Animal companion receives unwarranted size upgrade from companion advancement
- Catskin Leather item lacks Acrobatics bonus, complete description
- Some eldritch warrior class abilities fail to display
- [Starfinder] Weapons missing damage type
- Missing Spells in Alien Archive 2
- Skald Spell Known
- Skald unable to take bardic masterpieces from /healers handbook
- Starfinder Game System Implemented
- Sagaborn Game System Implemented
- New Formula System Implementation Phase I – Stabilized
- Starfinder Game System Implemented
- 58 New Sources Included
- [4 Winds Fantasy Gaming] Book of Arcane Magic (PFRPG)
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Chronicles: Faction Guide
- [Paizo] Bestiary 4
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Advanced Class Origins
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Giant Hunter’s Handbook (PFRPG)
- [Paizo] Ultimate Intrigue
- [Paizo] Occult Adventures
- Pathfinder Beginner Box – GM Guide
- [Ascension Games] Path of Shadows
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragonslayer’s Handbook
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Familiar Folio
- PAIZO 9459 – Dirty Tactics Toolbox
- PAIZO 9456 – Heroes of the Wild
- Paizo 9432 – Kobolds of Golarion
- PAIZO 9444 – Undead Slayer’s Handbook
- PAIZO 9435 – Pathfinder Society Primer
- PAIZO 9280 Inner Sea Races
- PAIZO 9255 – Chronicle of the Righteous
- PAIZO 9290 – Inner Sea Faiths
- [Paizo] Armor Master’s Handbook
- Heroes of the Street
- PZO9466 – Blood of Shadows
- Blood of the Beast
- [Legendary] Treasury of the Pharaohs
- PZO9441 – People of the Sands
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Monster Summoner’s Handbook
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Chronicles: Classic Treasures Revisited
- People of the River
- Cities of Golarion
- Ironfang Invasion Adventure Path Player’s Guide
- Pathfinder Adventure Path #115: Trail of the Hunted (Ironfang Invasion 1 of 6)
- Pathfinder Adventure Path #116: Fangs of War (Ironfang Invasion 2 of 6)
- Pathfinder Adventure Path #117: Assault on Longshadow (Ironfang Invasion 3 of 6)
- Pathfinder Adventure Path #118: Siege of Stone (Ironfang Invasion 4 of 6)
- Adventurer’s Armory 2
- Legacy of Dragons
- Everyman Gaming Kitsune Compendium
- Adventurer’s Guide
- Artifacts & Legends
- Starfinder RPG
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Divine Anthology
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer’s Handbook
- Elemental Master’s Handbook
- Inner Sea Intrigue
- Ultimate Wilderness
- Monster Codex
- Andoran, Birthplace of Liberty
- [TPK Games (Total Party Kill Games)] Feats of Legend: 20 Alcohol Feats
- Bestiary 5
- [LPJ] Infinite Space Themes: The Outlaw Crew
- PZO9469 – Spymaster’s Handbook
- [Paizo] Starfinder: Pact Worlds
- Player’s Companion: Harrow Handbook
- [Starfinder] Alien Archive
- Implement Wrath of the Righteous AP
- [Paizo] Beastiary 6
- [Paizo] Dungeons of Golarion
- Divine Favor: The Cleric by Kobold Press
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts and Companions
- Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Rival Guide
- [Pathfinder] Horror Adventure
- Strange Aeons AP Players Guide
- PF – Occult Origins
- New Source – Inner Sea Temples
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of the First World
- [Starfinder] Starfinder Armory
- Pathfinder: Magic Tactics Toolbox
- Pathfinder AP: Ruins of Azlant Players Guide
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Inner Sea Taverns
- [Starfinder] Alien Archive 2
- Everyman Gaming: Kitsune Kineticist Options
- Pathfinder Player’s Companion: Monster Hunter’s Handbook
- Pathfinder Companion: Mythic Origins
- Pathfinder Player’s Companion: Black Markets [PZO9462]
- [d20pfsrd] Blood & Steel – The Ninja
- Player Companion: Agents of Evil [PZO9464]
For the full detail on all changes made in this release, check out the release notes here:
Java 11 aka Java 55 aka 18.09 or 18.10. (Including OpenJDK 11 variants)
PCGEN 6.08.00 RC4 is not compatible with Java 10 (or earlier) and it is NOT SUPPORTED. To get the latest version of Java, go to AdoptOpenJDK. PCGen has been tested with OpenJDK and AdoptOpenJDK Java 11 (including the JRE). We decided to use Java 11 as this is a 3-year supported (Long Term Support), Java 8 is no longer updated.
Be aware that due to Oracle’s new Licensing, and lack of availability of the Java 11 JRE public releases, we are recommending OpenJDK alternative. AdoptOpenJDK also have JREs (Normal Java) for the end users that is not installed and may take an extra couple of steps to make work. If this is not something you want to worry about, then please use the WINDOWS INSTALLER version of PCGen, as this comes with embedded JREs for both x86 and x64 Windows OS’s. For those that want to do the manual installation, please see below for the ‘How to Install’ links below for your Operating System. You can download the Oracle Java 11 JDK but that will be a much bigger download.
Note: To use the BAT file, you need to have the System Variables for JAVA_HOME set to the root folder of the Java 11 (Has the bin folder in it), and then the System Variables ‘path’ have ‘%JAVA_HOME%\bin’ included. You can either set this manually, or install Chocolately and then run ‘choco install openjdk’ in your command prompt window or powershell. Interesting side note, you can install JDK 11 from oracle running ‘choco install jdk11’.
- Chocolately for Windows to “install” OpenJDK
- OpenJDK Choco Link
- AdoptOpenJDK Releases
- How to “Install” on Windows
- How to “Install” the real JDK 11 on Linux Ubuntu
** SIDE NOTE: Ubuntu made a conscious move to actually leave Java at 10. The work around is to use AdoptOpenJDK 11.
HELP! The .exe doesn’t work for me with OpenJDK.
If you have it installed correctly, you can use http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html to reset association for the .jar file, and that works.
NOTE: The specific files for loading PCGen are as follows:
- pcgen.exe (Main Executable for Windows)
- pcgen.bat (Command Line Executable for Windows)
- pcgen.sh (Command Line Executable for Linux / Mac)
- pcgen,jar (Java Executable file – Mac users)
Please direct all help inquires to our new Media Channels:
How do You get all the skills to show up on the character sheet for starfinder. currently no matter what I do only the class skills show up.
I have PCGen 6.04 working fine, but I’d like to get onto the latest version, 6.08.whatever. It’s driving me insane. AARGH.
– Running on a MacBook Pro, iOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
– I have hunted down and installed Java 11. Specifically, AdoptOpenJDK 11.0.2, installed via the instructions at https://adoptopenjdk.net/installation.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot#x64_mac-jdk
– At the terminal screen, I have confirmed Java installation. “java -version” gives the result “openjdk version “11.0.2” 2019-01-15 …”
– I have installed PCGen 6.08.00 RC4
– Starting PCGen results in the error message, “No suitable Java version found on your system….”
What Should I Do?
Jump into our discord Mac support channel and talk to Tergan.
I’m having this same issue, no sign of a fix anywhere on the site. Any help?
Jump into our Mac support channel and talk to Tergan
I’ll install RC4 this weekend and see if it makes a difference, I’m running RC3 at the moment, but as I don’t see it in the release notes… It appears that Oracle Manuever Mastery isn’t calculating correctly for multiclass builds. As I understand it, this gives you full BAB (i.e. 1:1 Oracle level rather than the usual slower caster pacing, which should be an increase) for the chosen maneuver **in addition** to BAB from other classes. However with this enabled, it actually drops my CMB instead of increasing it. In my case barbarian13/oracle7 has +21 CMB normally, but this drops to +12 for the chosen maneuver with Manuever Mastery selected. I believe it should increase to +23 (full character levels from both classes, and +3 ability mod).
Create a bug tracker in the Jira so it can get looked at.
I just started checking into pcgen and downloaded it for Mac, but could not get it to work, it asked for java, directed me to the java download page, then wouldn’t work.
It was only when I came here (and this wasn’t my first stop when I started looking) that I discovered that the version of Java I needed wasn’t the one that the program itself directed me to. That seems very counter intuitive.
i tried joining your discord, and the link is broken can you please supply me with a new one?
I’m trying the Discord link but looks like I’m in a lonely timezone (London, UK) Is there a short answer to how to get the this version to install?
Is there a specific Source material within PCGen that will allow me to use the monkey goblin race?
Sorry for the late reply we aren’t getting notices when people comment. The Monkey Goblin is in the Inner Sea Bestiary, load that (or make using the ARG Race Builder system).
I cant find a way to download the Mac version?
We have a new volunteer that is testing out a new Mac build process. See link