PCGen 6.06.00 Released!
PCGen is pleased to announce the release of the 6.06.00 Production Release of PCGen.
- Added search and qualified filter on the spells tabs
- [d20] Add method to add GM awarded extra Feat and Skill points.
- [PFS] Add Inner Sea Bestiary
- Fixes for familiars and slow characters
- Fixed issue where some skills could drop off the end of character sheets
- New FACT and FACTSET token families added to allow new general attributes to be data driven
- Following game systems removed from main distribution: Gaslight (1st edition, replaced by 2nd edition)
- [Paizo] Pathfinder – Please implement Evolution Surge (or lesser or greater) as Temporary bonuses
- [Paizo] MA – Implement OS block to display Mythic Power uses/points
- Update to PFS rules to Additional Resources Guide version January 9, 2015
- Reworking of the Pathfinder archetype system
- Conversion of many output tokens to Freemarker objects
- Pathfinder improvements
- Migration to Data control for Alignment, Stats and Saves
- Monk Flurry of Blows basic support for Outputsheet
- Further stability and bug fixes
The following new sources were added in 6.06.00
- [5e] SRD5 Basic set
- Midnight Data Set (3.5 Conversion)
- [Battlefield Press] Gaslight – 2nd edition OGL
- [Dreamscarred Press] Path of War
- [Everyman Gaming] Dragon Companion Handbook
- [Paizo] Advanced Class Guide
- [Paizo] Blood of the Moon
- [Paizo] Campaign Setting: Distant Worlds
- [Paizo] Humans of Golarion
- [Paizo] Inner Sea Magic
- [Paizo] PF Campaign Setting – Inner Sea Gods
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Adventure Path #61: Shards of Sin
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Adventure Path #67: The Snows of Summer
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Adventure Path: Iron Gods Player’s Guide
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Combat
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Lords of Chaos: Book of the Damned, Vol. 2
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Chronicles: City of Strangers
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Purity
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Demon Hunter’s Handbook
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Quests and Campaigns
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Taldor, Echoes of Glory
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Player Companion: Weapon Master’s Handbook
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Mythic Adventures (OGL)
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Society Organized Play Chronicle Sheets Boons and Equipment
- [Paizo] Pathfinder Unchained
- [Paizo] Pathfinder: Adventurer’s Armory
- [Paizo] Player Companion: People of the Stars
- [Paizo] Player Companion: Elves of Golarion
- [Storm Bunny Studios] The Gun Priest
- [Super Genius Games] Advanced Options: Inquisitors’ Judgments
For the full detail on all changes made in this release, check out the release notes here:
PCGen is a RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at PCGen@Yahoo!, visit our website, Like our FB page, or join our G+ group
Public Relations Team
Great news! I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for the hard work.
what no mac version…?
1. Download and extract project from the download page, either SF or Github
2. Navigate to extracted folder
3. double-click pcgen.jar
Notes: You might get some warnings about opening software downloaded from the Internet. Go ahead and open it.
You might need to make sure that “Allow apps downloaded from ‘Anywhere'”. That setting is in System Preferences->General
Having an issue with downloading. When i go to download it, my computer brings up a screen saying it is trying to protect me. I still say download anyways but when i go to downloads and click it, it just does not download. Does anyone else have this issue at all???
so how do i get everything pathfinder related to load and actually work? I try to laod everything under sources advanced pathfinder but it only loads the following
even though i added everything.
101 1st Level Spells
Advanced Class Guide
Advanced Player’s Guide
Advanced Race Guide
Andoran – Spirit of Liberty
Blood of Angels
Blood of Fiends
Blood of the Moon
Crown Player’s Guide
Champions of Purity
Cheliax – Empire of Devils
– City of Strangers
Council of Thieves Player’s Guid
There are some books that can’t be loaded with each other. Add the Pathfinder RPG Core Supplements source to the sources to load on the advanced screen (which loads
Core Rulebook, Bestiary, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Advanced Player’s
Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate
Equipment, Ultimate Campaign, & Advanced Class Guide).
Then you can add the sources that your character needs. the performance of the program slows down if you add too many sourcebooks lo load.
I hope I will get an answer this late.
When I try to download the advanced class guide, the requirements say that it needs Ultimate Combat (besides from others). Does that mean that even if you ignored this program, you need to use Ultimate Combat when using the ACG? Are they basically a package that doesn’t really work without the other one?
All books are included with the program, just find either Ultimate Combat in the source list, or load the Core Supplement source which loads the majority of books that the other books pull from.
Thanks for the reply, but that wasn’t really my question.
My question was if the Ultimate Combat book and the Advanced Class Guide book are somehow a tight package (in the original rules, not the program). So, if say, a GM chooses to use the ACG, does he need to use the UC as well?
Oh, okay I thought the question was specific to the program. 🙂 It really depends on the table group, the problem is that Paizo really interlinked a lot of their books instead of being more standalone. Some of the classes and feats and archtypes will reference rules and abilities from other books.
I see! Can you tell me (I’m new to p&p in general) if especially those two books are connected in a way that it would only make sense to have both of them at the same time?
My (new) GM is kind of a bullhead and doesn’t want to give us freedom of feats and only wants to use CRB, ACG and APG, which severly limits everything we have at our disposal and it’s not like the other 80% of combat feats that come from other books heavily change mechanics; it’s “more of the same” and less “changing how the game mechanics work”. For example, a “free intimidate check after a power attack” doesn’t really affect anything and it kind of bums me that he doesn’t let me choose it.
How do I get Skinwalker to be a selectable race? For Requirements it says “Requirements: var: PFS_Race_Skinwalker_Enabled at least 1”
What am I missing?
Assuming you are playing in a Society game you need to apply the correct Chronicle that allows the skinwalker race as a boon in the Feats & Abilities > Chronicle tab.
If you are not playing in PFS, change the gamemode to the regular Pathfinder RPG.
So how do I get additional classes to load such as warpriest and the categories under it like Sacred Fist?
When PCGen first starts, switch to the Advanced Sources tab and either load the exact books you want, or the Core Supplements set.
If a book is not listed such as Complete Divine for 3.5e is there any way I can add it manually?
You can either code up the class yourself using the documentation and posting questions to our forums or doing a internet search to see if anyone has posted them to their own website.
There is also a Tutorial video series on Youtube.
Asking because I can not locate sacred fist and the book listed online is not listed in the app
When will the PFS ruleset be updated to the current version (8.0 as of Feb 2017)? The only PFS guide i see in the book section is 6.0.
Keep up the hard work!