PCGen Board of Director’s Meeting




[15:01] <@AndrewAAM> I have 1500 hours, we ready to begin?
[15:01] <James[Code_SB]> Sure
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Welcome to our Quorum Board of Directors meeting, it’s December 6th, 2013 1500 hours PST.
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Our agenda today:
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Team Reports
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Release Status
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Road Map for 6.4
[15:02] <@AndrewAAM> Open Forum
[15:02] <Tom[Arch_SB]> We should add BoD Meeting schedule over the holidays to the agenda
[15:03] <@AndrewAAM> We can add that.
[15:03] <James[Code_SB]> Seconded
[15:03] <@AndrewAAM> Team Reports – I’ll start
[15:04] <@AndrewAAM> Admin – All quiet during the release candidate cycle. Monitoring things.
[15:04] <@AndrewAAM> For Web – We’re having a few issues the Anestis and Jami are sorting out.
[15:05] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> The Paypal button is fixed. People can donate again.
[15:05] <@AndrewAAM> On the trackers front, things are moving smoothly. I tweaked the Data Bug settings for a few new features, otherwise, no issues other than a flurry of bugs being reported.
[15:06] <@AndrewAAM> Anestis – Glad to hear that. How about the Issues Emailer?
[15:06] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Don’t know anything about that
[15:06] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> No one has mentioned it to me.
[15:07] <@AndrewAAM> Uh, the emails being all sent to you and being forwarded. I think Jami resolved it, but wanted to confirm that it was the case.
[15:07] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Oh, the Contact Us page. yes, that’s fixed too.
[15:07] <@AndrewAAM> I got one for crafty games liaison that had nothing to do with crafty games.
[15:07] <@AndrewAAM> Okay, excellent.
[15:07] <@AndrewAAM> For Content –
[15:08] *** ckwalsh has quit IRC: Ping timeout: 240 seconds
[15:08] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Can’t help that if people choose the wrong subject/topic in the dro-down.
[15:08] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> drop-down
[15:09] <@AndrewAAM> Data – Flurry of Bug fixes for Data during the RC, I spoke with James and we both agree RC2 will be required, so pushing more bug fixes in. Got the Animal Companions enabled in B3 and DDL cleared in the Demo Set for Fantasy Craft right before the RC release.
[15:09] <@AndrewAAM> Docs has been quiet
[15:09] <@AndrewAAM> and OS – I’ve been tinkering with the pdf sheets, but nothing major at this time.
[15:10] <@AndrewAAM> Questions for Admin or Content?
[15:10] * @AndrewAAM passes the talking stick to James while waiting.
[15:10] <James[Code_SB]> The new fantasy craft set is shown in the simple sources in a confusing way – Core Rulebook (Demo) – or something similar
[15:11] <James[Code_SB]> Could that show Fantasy Craft in the name please?
[15:11] <@AndrewAAM> Ah, I can alter that.
[15:11] <James[Code_SB]> Great to have it in though!
[15:11] <James[Code_SB]> Thanks
[15:12] <@AndrewAAM> Fixed
[15:12] <James[Code_SB]> ok, I’ll start with the code report.
[15:12] <James[Code_SB]> The code team’s focus has been on bug fixing, and that has been going extremely well. Stats are:
[15:12] <James[Code_SB]> New Features: 2 requested and 1 resolved. New Tag: 2 requested and 0 resolved. Bugs: 16 reported and 43 resolved.
[15:12] <James[Code_SB]> …that’s since the last meeting – looking at the last month we have resolved 100 bugs!
[15:13] <James[Code_SB]> We’ve gotten through a huge number of bugs and our backlog is down below 200 for the first time since the 6.0.1 release.
[15:13] <James[Code_SB]> The flow of bug reports have slowed down dramatically in the past week, so I think we have addressed the important ones.
[15:13] <@AndrewAAM> Woot!
[15:14] <James[Code_SB]> I’ll be quite conservative now on what goes into the prod branch to make sure the risk of introducing new issues doesn’t outweigh the benefits of the fix
[15:14] <James[Code_SB]> any questions for code?
[15:14] <@AndrewAAM> Yes
[15:14] <@AndrewAAM> Abilitypool display issue – Any idea what to do to get that working again?
[15:15] <James[Code_SB]> Well, if its in jira I’ll look at it
[15:15] <James[Code_SB]> Can’t give you an off the cuff answer though – it will need investigation
[15:16] <@AndrewAAM> It’s the Tengu Linguistics additional language, it’s under DATA right now.
[15:16] <Tom[Arch_SB]> What’s the tracker for that one Andrew?
[15:16] <@AndrewAAM> DATA-912
[15:16] <James[Code_SB]> Cool
[15:17] <@AndrewAAM> Tom, you’re up next.
[15:17] <James[Code_SB]> Oh and with my release hat on…
[15:17] <James[Code_SB]> 6.2.0 RC1 is out now and we are planning on an RC2. The 6.2 branch has been made and trunk is once again open for general work.
[15:17] <James[Code_SB]> The 6.2 branch needs SB approval to commit to now as we are in RC mode
[15:18] <Tom[Arch_SB]> Quiet on the Arch front – focus has been helping Code get 6.2 out the door
[15:19] <Tom[Arch_SB]> Will be looking into major items for 6.4 soon
[15:20] <Tom[Arch_SB]> Not sure I have anything more that that – not the major part of the cycle for Arch…
[15:20] <@AndrewAAM> Excellent, thanks for that Tom
[15:20] <@AndrewAAM> James covered the release status, so that takes us to BoD Holiday Schedule
[15:21] <@AndrewAAM> Tom, you brought it up, so I’ll yield the floor to you.
[15:21] *** AndrewAAM is now known as [Chair]Drew
[15:21] <Tom[Arch_SB]> So what would the “normal” schedule be?
[15:21] <Tom[Arch_SB]> I haven’t looked to be honest
[15:22] <@[Chair]Drew> 4 weeks would be another Friday IIRC
[15:22] <@[Chair]Drew> 2 weeks would be the Tuesday meeting
[15:22] <James[Code_SB]> Probably Fri 20th or Sun 22nd as we are on a two week schedule
[15:22] <@[Chair]Drew> which is Christmas Eve
[15:22] <James[Code_SB]> No we changed Tuesday to Sunday didn’t we?
[15:23] <@[Chair]Drew> Have we? Cool, then we’re good.
[15:23] <Tom[Arch_SB]> So 22 and 3
[15:23] <James[Code_SB]> yep
[15:24] <@[Chair]Drew> Is that workable for everyone? I think I’m available for both
[15:24] <Tom[Arch_SB]> ok, that’s at least reasonable.
[15:24] <Tom[Arch_SB]> I’m not sure about 22 to be honest
[15:24] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> I may be travelling interstate
[15:25] <James[Code_SB]> We can cancel the 22nd – the prod release will be ok, so it will be a fairly quiet meeting anyway
[15:25] <@[Chair]Drew> Those would be after RC2 and 6.2 release
[15:25] <James[Code_SB]> yes
[15:25] <@[Chair]Drew> so, yeah, if there is an issue we can ping everyone via the bod group
[15:25] <@[Chair]Drew> I’m fine with cancelling 22nd, and making this a nice real vacation. 🙂
[15:25] <James[Code_SB]> 🙂
[15:26] <Tom[Arch_SB]> that’s good then
[15:26] <@[Chair]Drew> Yes, my wife is making sure I take a break till january
[15:27] <James[Code_SB]> So next meeting is Jan 3 – I’ll make sure the calendars are ok
[15:28] <@[Chair]Drew> Alright, next meeting will be the 3rd. Road Map – Discuss now or at the 3rd meeting?
[15:28] <James[Code_SB]> Probably the 3rd I reckon
[15:28] <@[Chair]Drew> I’ll second that
[15:29] <James[Code_SB]> Although I’ll have freemarker support done by then, at least the first pass.
[15:29] <@[Chair]Drew> Zaister committed to helping out with some items for you as well.
[15:30] <@[Chair]Drew> Open forum – Any other news, comments, questions for the Board?
[15:31] *** ckwalsh has joined #pcgen
[15:31] <@[Chair]Drew> David?
[15:31] <@[Chair]Drew> Jon?
[15:32] *** jsa has joined #pcgen
[15:32] <@[Chair]Drew> Nice easy meeting then. *Bangs Gavel* Meeting adjourned, thanks for coming everyone.
[15:33] <James[Code_SB]> Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *