Welcome to PCGen v6.00.0, the latest stable release of PCGen. In this release we have introduced a new user interface and made substantial changes under the hood including hundreds of new features. The highlights of the changes for PCGen 6.0 are listed below:
- New User interface
- Faster, more responsive GUI, particularly when using multiple
- Redesigned interface intended to be friendlier and more informative
- Support for Java 7 and Open JDK
- Faster startup time
- Improved performance
- Install to non admin location on Windows
- Full spell descriptions in RSRD and Pathfinder
- Command line PDF generation
- Choice tags revamped and rigorously parsed
- Choice tags now only provide a choice – a separate tag (e.g. BONUS) is
- used to apply the choice
- All shipped data has been run through the LST converter to bring it up
- to 6.0 standards
New User Interface
A major feature of PCGen 6.0 is the new user interface. While the
general layout of the program will still be familiar we’ve made lots of
enhancements along the way such as:
- More information on the summary page for a quick view of the character
- Easier access to new character tasks such as choosing an ability score
- Active ‘things to do’ list – click on a task and you’ll be taken to the
- screen and field.
- Start your character with class first – alignment is back to an after
- Toggle quick filtering buttons (e.g. Qualified) to quickly focus on
- relevant items
- A location based equipping display supporting drag and drop.
- Thumbnail selection from your character portrait.
- A campaign history tracker
- Improved command line use, including PDF generation.
- Improved printing including an in-program print preview.
- Easier exporting, including auto open your generated file.
- An easier to use Temporary Bonuses system
The new user interface does not currently provide random NPC generation
or LST editor functionality. These are earmarked for implementation in
the future though.