Ability Category Files
Ability Categories can be defined in either the
file or in a loaded
file, with each ability
category being defined in one or the other, but not both. Ability
categories are defined, one per line, as per the
tag documentation in the
tags must not
be used in the abilitycategory list file, so source information
must be listed in comments where required.
Ability Category File Tags
*** Added 5.13.5
Variables Used (x):
of the Ability Category).
What it does:
The ABILITYCATEGORY tag begins a line which defines a category
The ABILITYCATEGORY tag is optional as PCGen will take the
first data element in each line as the name of the ability category
Visible ability categories will show as a sub-tab on the
If no extra parameters are provided on the line the category
will default to being visible, editable, with no types, a display
name and plural name matching the category name and an editable
whole number only pool with a starting value of 0.
Defines a category named Special Attack.
Special Attack <tab>
Defines a category named Special Attack and sets
the internationalized name to "Ambush".
The following tags are used in ABILITYCATEGORY
lines and are defined in the
- Defines a list of abilities that are included in the associated
- Defines the low-level ability category the category refers to.
Class Abilities, Racial Abilities, Special Attacks, Special
Qualities, Feat, Skill, Supernatural, Extraordinary and Spell,
- Define the name of the sub tab that the ability category will be
- Defines the display name of the category.
- Defines whether this category of abilities is user-editable.
- Sets the flag to allow/disallow user editing of the pool.
- Sets if the pool can use fractional amounts.
- Sets the internationalized plural name for this category.
Sets the number, variable, or formula used to calculate the pool
size for this category of ability.
Defines the list of types included in this category
- Defines whether this category of ability should be displayed in